Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ah the curveballs o'life!

Well, keeping with the commitment I made for this year, I have completed a whole messa stuff. The one thing I forgot to include in my commitment was posted the proof of my adventures. So, the butler (me) has placed on the shopping list the appropriate size and quantity of batteries required in order to photograph such evidence and/or enable access to those items already photographed and waiting to be retreived.

The Mister's sister fell ill about two months ago. Very long story made shorter: Her general physician was treating her for sinus infections and more or less writing her scripts for antibiotics for the better part of a year. Her condition worsened until about six weeks ago she went to the ER and an abdominal xray later, she was admitted due to the lemon sized tumor located on her adrenal glands. She experienced cardiac arrest on the day of the scheduled biopsy and spent two weeks in ICU to get her stable enough to even schedule surgery to remove said tumor. That surgery was two weeks ago today, and she remains in ICU in critical condition. I would say it has been a roller coaster, but I love roller coasters, and no one has loved this situation. The Mister is having a very hard time with this, as you would expect, but I have been just so amazed and proud of how well he takes care of her during his visits. Right now she is battling many problems: staph, cancer, a surgical incision that is not healing, blood pressure that is being medically manipulated to keep from falling, a difficuly airway (making everyone more cautious about taking the ventilator out, decreased kidney function, and the fear and depression associated will being stuck in bed for this long. The odds are a little better than 50/50, which is pretty miserable for someone at the ripe ole age of 43. We just take the daily victories we can get at this point.

On a more happy note, I recently got a Wii and a Wii Fit. Let me first say.....Where have you been all my life??????? I love this thing. Okay so, when my Mii suddenly got fat ( I uh mean fluffy) once my BMI and weight were complete I was a little shocked. But I laughed about it. Much like the actual me, she is still cute. I've had it just about a week and my balance is already improving. Isometric exercises are good for you, and there are some actual aerobics too, but they are fun. Seriously the Hula Hoop was a blast and I was "feeling the burn". 30 minutes of Mii time every evening is doing me a world of good.

Photos will be posted soon! Toodles......Karen

No comments: